Thursday, October 29, 2015

National Novel Writing Month Approaches

Once again November 1st approaches, offering yet another opportunity to participate in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), an annual celebration of stunt writing when several thousand people attempt to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. I've 'participated' a couple of times in this event, although I've never reached the 50,000 word goal. I seem to recall hitting 25,000 one year. The image to the left is a cover I put together for this year's planned entry, a science fiction novel about a lost spaceship. Both the novel and the ship are called Morningstar. I thought it might be easier to write about three different main characters, so I don't get bogged down in any one storyline. Each of these characters get caught up in separate searches for the lost vessel, a thousand year-old colony ship from Earth that contains genetic samples of original human and animal species. The last five chapters will bring the characters together on the cusp of discovery. What will they find?

No comments:

Post a Comment